E-Commerce website is just like an asset for any online business. It is designed in a way so that it helps to achieve the objectives of the e-commerce business i.e. to allow users to make an immediate purchase decision on the website. A designer needs to be careful and planned in his approach while designing an e commerce website. First impressions are everything, and your design says it all. So there is some tips to make your website more perfect:
- Be sure that the site has a professional design: The website should look professional. Have different webpages, and all of your business information and polices on the website. Don’t make an incredibly long, single web page. Avoid crummy or cheesy graphics, broken links, and grammatical errors in content.
- Ensure that there is Sufficient information: Make certain that you provide sufficient information on who owns the website and why they should be trusted. Since the customer is not in the physical store. He cannot actually see, touch and feel the products. So it is to be ensured that you provide good quality images with brief description on the web page. Also make details of the products as an option to see, for the customers.
- Make sure that the site can be navigated easily. You need to have proper classification of all things. Use breadcrumbs to make navigation more clear. All the products should be classified under broad categories. Even under those categories, there should be sub-categories so as to make easy for the people to search for their desired products.
- Have a clean design and avoid heavy designed elements. Light colors, minimal boxes, and less advertisements sell more. Having too much clutter can make your website look cheap. About 75 percent of all U.S. Internet users watch online video during a typical month. But it does not mean that your e commerce website needs to have a flash/video. It depends upon the target customers and products too. Like if you are selling books, the videos are not going to help you. Don’t Use Flash Animations Unless They Serve a Purpose.
- Add Web 3.0 components. Blogs, user forums and reviews, and other tools give visitors more reasons to visit your site. Also, customers can leave their feedback about the products or services they use.